Monday, November 07, 2005

Fishy Dreams and Dates

I’m spending too much time at the restaurant. I know that because I had a dream about it the other night. I was at the restaurant, kind of. It was supposed to be the restaurant but there were bookshelves all over like at the library. And the tables were library tables. I had no idea which tables were mine, something that happens frequently. I did know which section was David’s, another server from the restaurant. I didn’t know where he was and his customers were getting all upset but I just kept saying I don’t know where he is and I can’t help them. I also was having trouble finding the kitchen. I didn’t know where it was. So I couldn’t get anybody silverware and if I don’t have silverware then I can’t go to the tables. So I was running around looking for the kitchen and David. The whole time Valentina, another server, from Bulgaria, keeps calling, “Petco!” That’s what she and the other Bulgarian call me. I don’t know why. They called me Petel for a while, saying that it was “Peter” in Bulgarian. But I don’t know what Petco is. Anyway I did eventually find the kitchen, though I couldn’t get in because the incline up to the kitchen was too steep and my shoes were too slippery. That’s so weird. I never even had a dream about Organic.

So I’m pretty sure I was asked on a date yesterday. I’m not really sure. I was running it by my advisor on the phone this morning but we got cut off. Anyway one of the waitresses at work told me that her roommates’ birthday is this week. She asked me if I want to go get drinks with them this week. I don’t know who else would be there. I didn’t really ask follow up questions. I just said yeah, I’d go. It was starting to get a little busy and I was taken by surprise by it. And it was just before she left for the night. It could be a date. She’s supposed to call tomorrow I guess. Anyway, we’ll see what happens.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah, I got worried when I had dreams about this place too...

Did she ask anyone else in restaurant? That's what you have to find out. If she did, then you'll have to wait and gauge behavior on the "date". If it's just you, then yes, it is a date.

David said...

I like not knowing if somethings a date. It's always fun trying to work these things out on the fly. What's even more funny is when neither party knows if something is a date.

tiffany said...

also, if she looks hotter than normal and mostly talks to you or mostly ignores you, it is a date.
i know it doesn't make sense.
but what does?

also, i hate restaurant dreams.
hate them very much, indeed.