Saturday, January 12, 2013

Arrival



I’m off to Honduras today.  Actually my posting this means I’ve arrived.  I’m writing this in the airport and won’t get to finish/post it till I’ve arrived.

I’m heading to Tegucigalpa, Honduras (still not sure I’m pronouncing that correctly).  I’ll be working in a cancer hospital with the hospital administrators.  They asked me to work to improve the lab and the pharmacy.  I’m not sure what I’m getting into.  That hasn’t stopped me before.

Before I start there I’m heading to Roatan.  It’s an Island north of Honduras.  I’m meeting up with my friend Ro and her friend Miriam for a few days on the beach and whatever fun/trouble we can find.  I’m looking forward to it.  I hope we all get along well.  Hopefully we have complementary travel styles; no one too hyper, no one too relaxed.  I’m really looking forward to it. 

My friend Amy asked me if I’d be keeping a blog of my trip.  I had thought about doing so before she asked but hadn’t really decided.  I wasn’t successful in keeping one about my adventures in The Gambia.  You can see that my last entry was 3 months into my Peace Corps experience.  I never even tried after that.  I couldn’t do it.  Part of the problem was that I just couldn’t sit and type a story knowing how incomplete a picture it would give.  Also sitting in the computer lab at PC headquarters wasn’t really all that fun.  Plus, the Larium (because we always blamed the Larium).  I did enjoy writing one when I returned from India.  I was inspired by Dave and Lori to start one and I found it was pretty fun.  Maybe I can do a better job this time around.

So… Yes, Amy, I will try to keep a blog.  It won’t be a complete picture.  But hopefully you’ll get the general idea. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! Glad you're going to try blogging again! I can live vicariously through your adventures (for the time being!) :)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes Pete, stay safe. Chris