Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Gels, Crick, and the Metro

Hi Everybody. It's funny that I said everybody because there's probably like 2 people that will be reading this. One is my friend Lori in India. She's the reason I'm starting this. Not that I'm likely to put much more here than in my e-mails to her. But whatever. Dave is the other person that will be reading this. Dave, I'll put all the lines that I think of that I know you'll laugh at. Like "I'm bi-polar in one way", or "we don't want any adult content at the evening service". Dave we have to get together again some day. I like how you get my sense of humor. When I figure out how I'll put a link on my blog to Dave and Lori's blogs.

So, what's been going on with me? I just started working at Georgetown University. I'm a lab tech in the Neuroscience Department. I've been doing these PCRs. So annoying. In normal lab fashion it worked for the first 3 times I did it and no longer. I just started Western Blots today. That means more gel runing fun. We'll see if they go any better.

On my way too and from work I've been reading a book by Francis Crick about how he descovered the structure of DNA. Well acctually so far it's about how he thinks he was a genius child and way too smart for his time. That's not how I understood him to be. Then he writes about Darwin and how he was a genius. Again, not how I understood it to be. I got to thinking that in both cases it was an otherwise mediocre scientist bumbled themselves into fame without even realizing what they had done. I think that bodes well for me. I should be able to blunder into something. And I definatly won't know what I did.

Anyway tune in later for more random thoughts...

3 comments:

Lori said...

Just to clear things up-I did NOT come to India to find a husband! :) But if that happens, I won't complain too loudly! :)

I'm glad you decided to get a blog too!

David said...

Hey I so commented before but it didn't post. Oh well. Welcome to the blogverse.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Pete...