Wednesday, April 20, 2005

You marked your tubes all wrong

I think that many of my posts will be ranting about my job. I'll have to not do that too much. That could get annoying.

So the problem with a change of dynastys comes in the marking of tubes. You see the way one person marks their tubes isn't the way that anybody else would mark their tubes. So you look and think about it and you ask everybody else in the lab and try to figure out what they were saying. But you always end up adding the antibody at 1:20,000 rather than 1:40,000. So you get twice the amount of antibody that you want and you end up with bands so big and dark that you basically wasted the last 3 days on the whole western blot. Oh-well. Atleast it was just a test run anyway.

My friend Dave that I met in India called today. I always enjoy talking with Dave. We always laugh about the US (my home land) and Australia (his home land). It's fun to laugh about world politics. Plus Dave has a good sence of humor and was the only one at The Duncan that would get my jokes. So we have lots of laughs when we talk. I'm so glad that I went to India. I met some awesome people.

2 comments:

David said...

Stupid tubes. The answer to the the problem is just not to use tubes at all me thinks.. Then you would have no problems with the namings of tubes, as there would be no tubes to name.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - we like David too.