Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I’m in love with Col. Wilma Deering

I’ve recently had a loss of innocence. I know that’s hard to believe, how much more can I have, especially after all my time with Pam. I’m sure most of the people reading this don’t know whom Wilma Deering is. She was one of the main characters in the TV series Buck Rogers. (http://www.buck-rogers.com/film_and_series/) It was a favorite back in the early ‘80s, along with A-team and Greatest American Hero. Her role as the main female role was of course to create sexual tension with the real main character. Mostly that was accomplished through the use of short skirted or spandex Uniforms and acting like she has the hots for Buck and is jealous of every woman that makes an appearance on the show but rebuffing any advance by him. Sounds familiar. I don’t want to mention any names but it starts with L. DeChellis.

Anyway, Buck Rogers is now showing on the Sci Fi Channel. So I’ve been catching it when I can. I’m almost sorry that I have been. I remember this awesome show with great space battles, and ray guns, and aliens with strange powers, and robots. What I’ve been seeing isn’t any of that. Much of the “special” effects are about as good as the original Star Trek episodes. I’ve also been watching old reruns of MacGyver. He’s not really a very good actor, but we loved that show. It’s fun to watch and remember the episodes. But it also makes me wonder what else I remember better than it was? Mr Rogers, Sesame Street, the Muppets?!? Well, I shouldn’t get carried away. The Muppet Show was awesome. I better not dwell on this too long. I might start to get depressed. Plus if Wilma ever reads my Blog it might hurt my chances with her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

hmmm.. Lost innocence. Sounds fun.

I miss Abott and Costello still.. They were fun.

Lori said...

Excuse me??? Exactly who am I rebuffing???

Pete said...

Everybody thought you were my hot friend in short skits till you spoke up. Not that I'm saying you're not hot. I probably better put down the shovel.

Lori said...

:) Good idea...

I was protesting the " jealous of every woman that makes an appearance on the show but rebuffing any advance by him" phrase though!