Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Anybody Want to Ghostwrite My Blog?

I have plenty more to talk about from Hawaii but I want to take a break from that for just a sec to talk about something else. So when I was in Hawaii Lori told me that her mom didn’t think that I wrote my prayer letters for my time in India. She remembers my writing as being haphazard, poorly organized. She thought that my letters from India were well written. At first I just shrugged it off but now that I think about it, that’s a great idea. I should have had a ghostwriter for my prayer letters. What a great idea. Dave, you should totally look into that for when you go back to India. I wonder what else I could have ghostwritten. I should get a ghostwriter for my blog. Or I should have had a ghostwriter for my journal in India. That would have been especially nice sine I didn’t keep a journal. Anyway, just for the record, I write and edit this blog myself. Though it’s probably way more stream of consciousness than my letters. Good thing your mom doesn’t read this, Lori. She would probably feel all disillusioned.

6 comments:

tiffany said...

since no one really knows who i am, i'm going to go out on a limb and ask the probably very retarded question--what are prayer letters?

i mean, in theory I think I can figure out what they are.
But you mention that other people are reading them--so then I'm not really sure...
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just really want to know.
If someone would rather email me than leave a comment answer, it's
tbates1@emich.edu.
and don't laugh at me for being dumb, because it's not nice. hee!

David said...

Tiffany, it's not dumb not to know about prayer letters. They are a thing Christian's do when they go on missions. Basically it's like a news letter with requests for prayer. Pete might say for example to praise God for the joy he was finding in his work, but pray that God would find him a new flatmate..

I love the idea of getting a ghost writer. Except of course I couldn't afford one :-(.

Lori said...

Dave,

I bet you could afford one in India....but then people might wonder about the change in your grammar... :)

Pete,

Umm...I think my parents might actually read your blog... :)

David said...

It wouldn't just be my grammar that would change. My vocabulary would surely also change. I'd suddenly be saying that people expired when they die, and take rest when they sleep.

Pete said...

don't forget Miss, I have a doubt, my personal favorite.

David said...

Who could forget that.