Monday, May 16, 2005

And the award for the most naive person in a supporting role goes to…

I’m not sure what my deal is. I must be a homozygous knockout for the having a clue gene. (It’s probably not a good sign that I would say that.) Last Thursday I was sitting at home eating dinner minding my own business and my roommate asks me if I want to go to some coffee house that has live music. So I’m like, yeah, that sounds good. So he goes out for a little during the early evening and then comes back later and wants to go to a sports bar where we can watch the basketball game. Now I don’t care about basketball but I like beer so it’s not a total loss. So we stop at one for like 2 minutes on the way to the one that he wants to go to. I’m thinking that’s kind of weird but whatever. So we sit down at one place and get a beer. He finishes his pretty quickly and half way through my beer he’s like man lets jet. There’s still a quarter left in the game and half of my beer too. I said that too him and he says I’ll help you with the beer and pours half of it into his glass. Now I didn’t pay for the beer but it seems to me that when you buy a beer for someone you should probably let them drink it and not take it back. So we leave that bar when he finishes my beer for me and we go to another place. We see the last 30 seconds of the game at the third bar. Then we leave. I’m like wow that was pretty much a wasted night. But at least I didn’t pay for the half a beer I had. So then at the car he sees 2 girls walking though the parking lot that he had seen in the bar. So he says hey they were in the bar, they’re checking us out. They’re doing the same thing we are, I’m going to go talk to them. That’s about when it hit me that the night wasn’t about the game so much as cruisin’ for chicks. Way to stay on top of things Pete. You’re sure to win this prestigious award next year too! Ahh well, at least I got half a beer.

3 comments:

David said...

Poor old Pete getting confused.

Lori said...

Pete,

I'm hysterically laughing right now and people in adjacent cubes are looking at me... :)

Questions: were they cute? did it work when you talked to them? :)

David said...

I think it's important you got your half beer.

I wish I was their too. It would be very funny. I think I'd be tempted to tell the girl I talked to warn her friend not to date my friend.

Silly guys.