Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Slow Down There!

So now that I’ve moved into my new, new place in DC it’s time for me to figure out how to get to work. Not that I haven’t been going to work. It’s just that I have to find a faster way there that won’t make me go broke. If I park at the metro station near me, it costs $10 to park and ride. Today I drove up to where I used to live and rode the bus and metro from there. So I didn’t have to pay for parking and the Metro ride is cheaper since it’s not as far. But the busses are so unreliable that it added like 20 minutes of just waiting at the station. During that time 2 busses that I should have been able to take were supposed to have come. But they didn’t. I can’t believe that the busses in DC are so bad. Inconceivable! So I’m going to drive up there again tomorrow and see if I can park closer to the station so that I can walk to and from the station easily. That should help me to cut my time down to about an hour. That’s not that bad for the DC area.
Work was about normal. The experiment that I’ve been working on didn’t work. It worked last time. So it should take another try or 2 before it works again. That will give my boss plenty of time to give me dirty looks and reconsider why he hired me. But then that’s life when you have an anti-science zone around you.

2 comments:

James Ayrton said...

Bike? Or is that not really done in the US. I dunno I've never been.

Pete said...

The bike might save me some money but it would add greatly to the time to get to work. Lately I've been parking in the grocery store parking lot near the metro station. I'm always worried that they will tow me. Gotta find a better solution.