Monday, October 03, 2005

So Hungry

I wrote this on Friday but couldn't post till now:

I’m writing this on the plane flying to Minnesota. My friend Kelly from college is getting married. I’m a little bitter that they don’t serve snacks on Northwest anymore. Well you can buy a tiny bag of trail mix for a dollar. I wish I had known, I would have bought a large bag of something before getting on the plane. I’m hungry and that makes me bitter. I was waiting for dinner till I landed but now it’s getting hard to wait. On the way back I’m bringing a large bag of Combos.

As I said I’m on my way to an old friend’s wedding. I have mixed feelings about going. It would be easier if I was married (still accepting applications/suggestions) or if I had someone to come with me. At first I thought that I probably wouldn’t know anybody there. I’ve realized that I probably will. Tony and Heather will probably be there. It will be cool to see them again. Not really interested in talking to Jay and Melody again. Maybe they won’t be able to make it. I’m pretty indifferent about seeing Chris and Amy. I’m not sure if I’ll see anybody else that I know. I don’t know whom Kelly kept in touch with over the years. I guess I’ll see. I have to decide what to tell them all that I do. I could tell them all that I work for Georgetown still or I could tell them that I’m working at the new job that I expect to hear back from soon. I could make up a totally fake job. That could be fun. I could say something about I’m a trouble shooter for the CIA. Then say that I can’t say much about my job. Hard decision. Thinking about what I could use for stories makes me a little more excited to go. Though it doesn’t make me less bitter about no free plane snacks.
It should be a good weekend. I’ll be visiting some of my brother’s college friends. They were at our house for Sunday dinners a lot. So I know them well. I’ll have to ask if we’re going to have lasagna. Well I’ll write more about how things went and what my cover story was. No pictures of the wedding like James, though. I didn’t bring a camera.

2 comments:

David said...

Say you work in a mortuary. You could make up fun akward stories.

Pete said...

Man, that's a good idea! I should have gone with that!