Wednesday, October 12, 2005

You Always Want What You Can’t Have

Well, I’m in Rochester; visiting with Lori. Well, not right now. Right now I’m at Panera Bread while she’s off at her breakfast date. It’s a pretty long “breakfast” date, she left the house at about 940 and she isn’t supposed to get back till 1200. Plus it’s nearly 12 now and she hasn’t called me to see if I’m back so she can get it. I don’t know about that. Anyway, I’m at Panera because it’s about a million times better than Starbucks. For one thing the wireless Internet is free here. At Starbucks you have to pay for it. It said on the window at Starbucks that it’s a T-Mobile hotspot. Well, Catherine Zeta Jones is a T-Mobile hotspot but Starbucks was stone cold. I wasn’t going to pay. So I had to wait till this morning to get a connection. So finally I could do the last post and this one.

So for the last 2 days Lori and I have been going around seeing her friends in the area. It’s been good to see her; I miss her. She’s been having a hard time in India. She likes being in India but she doesn’t like the company that she works for. We’ve been talking a lot about that and other things. Will she keep with the company for the whole year? Will she stay in India? What if she moves back? Will she find an Indian guy to marry? You know, all the normal stuff. So we’ve been having a good time together.

This is also a week of meeting significant others. I met my friend Pam’s new boyfriend, Don and Mike’s new girlfriend, Kris. Kris was pretty cool. She fits in well with the group. She was able to handle Jeff and Chris well. When the picked on her like they do everyone she was able to give it right back. I think that she’s a good match for Mike. It’s hard to say about Don though. He seems really nice but I met him with Pam and Lori. We were talking (mostly laughing) so much that there wasn’t much room for him to talk. But he was participating a little. He seems like a keeper. I think I’ll get to see him tonight again. So there’ll be more time for judging then.

I’m showing my India Pictures tonight to Pam and Mike. I don’t know who else will be there. It will be emotional for me. Reliving it all and missing the people and friends. But I’m glad that I’ll finally get to show them.

Also, just for the record: I was vindicated and did not lock Lori’s keys in the trunk. Her friend took them off the table when she left.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Pete-

ARGH! I hate those spam comments too! Ok it's not as bad as I was worried about! :-P I had a good time hanging out with you too! :) I'm sorry if I distracted Pam with bathroom stories while you were feeling all emotional. By the way, you should tell the whole story of the Starbucks/keys episode with a comment like that at the end. :)