Friday, October 14, 2005

Still Wanting, Never Having

It’s always funny when you bait someone and they only seem to latch onto something else. Like they missed it.

Anyway... I was asked to clarify the story I posted about Lori’s keys. It was when we were in the evil Starbucks. I wanted Panera for the free broad band but Lori wouldn’t have it. When we went in the evil house of coffee the T-Mobile hotspot sign tricked me into thinking that I would be able to spend my time typing e-mails rather than read the collection of smut books. I took Lori’s keys and went to the car to get my laptop and returned to the store. Lori’s friends came and left and I think Lori wanted to get something from the car. She asked me for the keys. I checked my pocket and they weren’t there. I said I didn’t have them I must have given them back. She insisted that she didn’t have them. If I didn’t have them and Lori didn’t have them and they weren’t on the table the obvious solution is that they were in the trunk. Well Jeff and I briefly entertained the possibility of breaking into her car but that wasn’t going anywhere. So AAA was called to get them to open the car. I was sure that I wouldn’t have locked them in the car but what else could have happened to them. What if one of her friends had taken them? So they were called and I had my vindication. I’m still not sure why she didn’t get suspicious about the keys that didn’t work in her car but whatever. Nobody believed that I hadn’t left her keys in the trunk. Lori didn’t even believe me that I didn’t have the keys. I can think of funnier things to do to someone than tell her that her keys are in the trunk when they aren’t. So we waited for her friend to come back. Well, some of us waited. Some people couldn’t wait and ran right for Buffalo Wild Wings.

3 comments:

David said...

Free wireless sounds good.

Do they have fair trade coffee much in the US of A. They sell it here in Starbucks.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori said...

Dave,
Yeah, they sell it here too, but I've heard that it's not really fair trade...

Pete,
Of course I'm not going to rise to that bait! ['m assuming you meant about the breakfast date-I did have a good time, however long it took! :)] In the beginning, I was thinking that you really had my keys and were just doing it to play with my mind.