Wednesday, April 19, 2006

DONE!!

I no longer work at the Fish Market! I’m very excited and happy. Sunday was my last day. It was a glorious day. The sun was shining, the birds singing and I had a song in my heart (I think it was See My Vest from Simpsons). We had few customers. I thought it would be a late start since everybody was a church. But I thought that after the terrible chore of church for the second time in a year (Christmas) that it would get busy. But, thankfully, it never did. It was hard to say goodbye to many of the people. It was a good ending though.

Dinner with the Thai people is tonight. It was just Janna at first. But now it’s going to be a few others too. I’m looking forward to it.

In Peace Corp news: things are pretty frustrating. I needed dental x-rays but they made me gag every time they put it in my mouth. So my dentist wrote very clearly that it was not possible. They sent back my dental packet saying that they need the x-rays that my dentist said couldn’t be done. Plus my doctor in Pittsburgh seems incapable of even simple tasks like faxing requests for medical records. I have had to call them so many times to find out if they got the information or not. They never did any follow up with the VA to see why they didn’t get the information they requested. Today I’m going to the VA to get a few more lab tests done. This time I’m going to see if I can have the results sent directly to me so that I can just take them right to the doctor myself. This doctor is really pissing me off. I just want to go and take my Peace Corp forms back from them and get someone else to take care of it all. Well I better stop now or else I’ll just get angry again at the ineptitude of my doctor.

1 comment:

tiffany said...

well, another one bites the dust.
always good to see someone get out of the restaurant biz.
*she says, begrudgingly*
**but, only a bit**