Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Moving Ill!!

I’m now back in Pittsburgh. I moved on Saturday. The move went about as close to plan as one could expect (“I love it when a plan comes together”). We left only 1.5 hours later than I wanted to. We were actually done packing the truck by, 10 like I had wanted, but then it took time to get everything cleaned up and the last few things into the car. All cleaned up and $100 of gas later ($75 for the U-haul and $25 for my car) we were on the road. The drive up was pretty un-eventful. We arrived in Pittsburgh at a good time. The rain didn’t catch up to us before we got everything unloaded. It did start to rain in DC just as we were getting the last boxes in the truck but really only Mark got wet. I had plenty of great help. Thank you to Mark, Lori, Doug, Ryan, Jen (J-Diddy) and my parents for helping in DC. Thanks to Lori, Mark, Melissa, Dave, Jenn (J Lo), Mom and Dad for help in Pittsburgh.

The night before the move was great. My parents and Lori arrived during the after noon. I showed them around the house that I lived in for the last year. Then we went to get the Uhaul truck and then met Jen, my twin sister-in-law, for dinner. We went to an Afghan Kabob place. The food there is really good. It’s in Springfield, VA. You should go if you are in the area. Then Lori and I went back to my place to meet up with a friend of ours from college and his brother. We sent them to the liquor store while we stopped at the grocery store for juice to mix with the alcohol they bought. We were up till about 130 playing cards and catching up with which of our friends are getting married and who doesn’t like whom. We laughed a lot. I was a great night; it reminded me of our late night card sessions from college, except for the drinking.

Mark was in usual form having plenty of quotes to make us laugh. The best I added to my quote board to the right.

1 comment:

Lori said...

oooh Pete we forgot to finish up the "who doesn't like whom" fracas